Monday, April 11, 2011

Fill you in

11:27 pm, Sunday. April 10 2011.


I just got into Manhattan, at a friend’s place in 50th street; it’s on the 25th floor with a ridiculous view of the city. I can’t believe school is starting this week! Right now though I can only fill you in on what went on for the last two days because I’ve only been here for that long. My flight came from Manila to Hong Kong then from Hong Kong, it’s a 15 hour flight to JFK Airport. When I got to Hong Kong, I had to hit the ground running (literally) because my flight from Manila was delayed (thank you Cathay Pacific) so I had to run down three walkalators to gate 21 to catch my next flight. I was initially planning on making a blog entry as I would have waited in Hong Kong but apparently, my airline did not allow me that much time privilege. Customs and immigration took so long and I was worrying about what they might ask me. But everything went well; they were so nice and didn’t really think of me as a threat to the American border. LOL. Heidi picked me up from the airport which was by the way, a 7 hour drive from where she lives – I am eternally grateful! Come Sunday and a few wrong navigational turns later, we found ourselves at a Free Methodist church in Brooklyn called Living Hope. Everyone was so nice and friendly; I could definitely see myself going there regularly on Sundays.I just have to figure out how to get there from Manhattan.



I didn't expect it to be this cold, I am not complaining though – I kind of like the cold. They did tell me that the weather’s gonna get better as the season progresses to spring and summer. So I will be OK – for spring and summer at least. In the meantime, I will be dating this city like crazy. New york and I will spend every single day together for the next 8 months or so, holding hands, getting around the subway, meeting weird people on the streets until both of us barf from excessive togetherness (LOL, I know right?). And just as a stalker is obsessed with her prey, I will be just as insatiable.



I have a school orientation at 3pm on Monday at Trump Tower, Thankfully it’s only a couple of blocks from where I am staying. I hope I survive it. I will surely blog about it, so you better check on my site every now and then for updates (demanding e noh?).






the view outside the window. nyc at night.






good morning west side!



please keep me in your prayers :)





love,



april

No comments:

Post a Comment