Friday, August 5, 2011

The many things I miss about you

I am not fond of missing people. It’s probably one of the worst feelings I've ever had towards a person, a place and/or an object. Being this far away from home just makes it harder to try and escape these feelings and the saddest part is, there’s nothing I can really do to remedy this ghastly nostalgia. I guess I was trying so hard to run away from it as much as I possibly can but I can only avoid it for so long. It has caught up with me and at this very second, I am what you call – an emotional mess. Homesickness is so not cool. The thing that makes me scared is that I still have a long way to go, I mean – I still have a whole year and a half in this city. I better start getting used to these mood swings and try to cope. I can’t complain though. I mean, I’m having the time of my life here and it’s amazing beyond words but sometimes; I just want to be with the people I used to see every day. I’m four months in and I am about to unravel into a sentimental pit– pretty soon I’ll be one of those pinoys who watch TFC 24/7. Thank God I don’t have a TV. lol.
Missing my family and friends is a given. Other than that, I have a number of things that I miss just because I don’t get to do (or see) them as much or even at all anymore...
Flash back, shall we?
I miss. chilling at our backyard, lounging in my dad's kubo. a great set of speakers and one smooth playlist.


I miss. The 16 peso movies at SM. on lazy Saturday afternoons.


I miss. Late night Dimsum from Golden Fortune.


I miss. Playing UNO, stacker, scrabble and indoor mini basketball at Robert's


I miss. Our Bubble tea fix.


I miss. Taking in all the fresh breeze i can.


I miss. my triba.


I miss. Hanging out with these people after church service.


I miss. going on "foodie" adventures with these two.


I miss. The Philippine shoreline.


I miss. bonding over truffles at Heavenly chocolates.


I miss. Driving.


I miss. This view.


I miss. playing dress up with my girls.


I miss. My saturday night jam sessions with the team.


I miss. Waking up to this.


I miss. Going on road trips.


I miss. This little guy right here.



I miss. my one and only.


"How far do I have to go to get to you? many the miles. But send me the miles and I'll be happy to follow you, Love" - Sara Bareilles


No comments:

Post a Comment