Wednesday, May 16, 2012

First day heebie-jeebies

I just started work last week as the Editorial & Operations intern for Versace USA. Nothing could have prepared me for my first day; it was quite the story actually. The moment I walked into the office, my co-worker nervously imparted to me that Miss Donatella Versace aka Miss “DV” herself is on her way to our office for a quick visit. She doesn’t normally pay the New York office a visit since she’s almost always in the Milan headquarters. This unexpected VIP stopover sent out a sudden burst of anxiety in everyone at work - panic was palpable in the air. And here I was the newbie intern amidst all the fashion chaos. I still managed to survive my first day though. Yes, I was startled by the sheer bulk of work that’s handed to me but I’m taking it one day at a time. It’s been a week since last Wednesday, I must be doing something right! ;)





"Fashion is all about happiness. It's fun. It's important. But it's not medicine.''
- Donatella Versace

No comments:

Post a Comment