Sunday, October 30, 2011

Thoughts on the first snow experience.

COLD and DISGUSTING.


Though i must admit, the first time i saw snow make landfall yesterday, I was in complete awe. I just laid there on my bed, observing this weird and familiar phenomenon with a sort of fulfillment in my soul. This is actually real snow and not some fabricated white plastic Styrofoam decoration I know all too well back home. But at the same time, there was a worrying voice inside of me - the cold is going to get worse. And I know for a fact that I'm not going to like it. At all. God help me? 


What I didn't like about snow is, well, going out of the house and continue living your daily life. Why can't we all just hibernate and resurface come March or April in time for spring? All other creatures do it! so why can't we? Now I know why majority of Filipinos living in the US are in sunny California! lucky bastards. 

But in all honesty, I like the snow. I like looking at it and admiring it inside the comfort of my room. outside of it, I just despise it. 




"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?" 

- J.B. Priestly 


No comments:

Post a Comment