Sunday, January 15, 2012

First Love never dies. EVER.

I was going through my recent documents on my laptop and found this unfinished entry from a few Sundays back. I thought you might want to read it.







"Today I've had a good talk with a friend while we were devouring into our humongous serving of The New York burger. We just stepped out of Gramercy theatre for Church service at Hillsong NYC and I was my usual hungry self after NOT EATING for the whole day. As we were deep in our conversation, I mentioned about my first love and how everything in the universe seems to pull me back, without fail, towards it. You see, I fell in love with God since I was 14 years old and then fell in love with music not long after. I grew up in the church surrounded by our close circle of ministers, pastors and fellow Christian believers. But it was not until summer of 2003 that I accepted God as my Lord and my Savior. I also discovered a great love for singing, a strong desire like no other. At that point in my life, at the very tender age of 14 I was incredibly certain - I just knew that singing will always be a part of me no matter what. The church has always been my voice coach and often my exuberant cluster of cheerleaders. It’s amazing how completely unworthy I feel when I talk about my faith. It’s a great humbling experience when a huge number of sinners come together and celebrate the Grace of God; it’s a gathering of acceptance and joy. Unspeakable joy as the song goes. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I love being in love with my first Love.... everything else is just secondary."



No comments:

Post a Comment