Monday, January 2, 2012

Stars come in all shapes and sizes


In case you didn’t notice, my blog is donning a new and improved banner courtesy of my insanely talented friend, MARK RUIZ or who I fondly call Markee. I’ve been redoing my blog banner since late last year and never really felt completely satisfied with it, thus the inconsistency. It finally made sense to me that I needed to consult a multimedia pro. I’ve come to a revelation that my novice skills in Microsoft paint are clearly outdated and nearing obsolescence. Thank God for friends who are more creative and more capable in things you just cannot do by yourself. So as a form of gratitude, I am offering this amazing entry in honor of all of the talented people in my close circle who are nothing less than remarkable in their own right. If you happen to need their services, i.e. you would like to hire them/ask for advice/ congratulate them/say hi/hook up/marry them, you can always go through me – for a small fee of course. HAHAHA. I kid. I kid.

(In no particular order)

Agnes Encarnado
Claim to fame: Adobe Photoshop Junkie
Note: this is one of my most favorite art works of hers. This is JJ, her 11 year-old son, A.K.A my unofficial God son.


Rose Marie Campos
Claim to Fame: Translator Enthusiast
Note: She is currently studying Linguistics in Thailand and seeks to be a proficient Tribal language speaker in the near future. That deserves some serious recognition. I can't even speak my own tribal tongue anymore! more power to the flower!! (Rose Marie, get it?) LOL.


JoJo Garbilao
Claim to Fame: He is the ultimate guitar Hero. In fact, Hero is just the understatement.
Note: This is one of his amazing pieces. I just love listening to him play! He puts John Mayer to shame! please follow this link and subscribe to him, spread the word!




Joey Mangadlao
Claim to Fame: One of The Philippines's greatest young minds, as hailed by a number of news anchors in Manila.
Note: He is 23 and currently doing his PhD in Chemistry at the University of Houston. He has already gained incredible recognition in the sciences and has been across many continents at a very young age. Wow Joey, I'm doing you a large amount of lip service here. JK. HAHA. click on this link to see more.


Joeboy Gelera
Claim to Fame: One of those dying breed of spontaneous Artists
Note: He is the most multifaceted painter/illustrator/designer that I know. He can whip up any and all types of artwork/art craft that you can think of! he also happens to be a lawyer and an amazing cook! Sorry naman, ikaw na ang multi-talented! HAHA! (sorry, but I cant translate that to proper English)



Jason Dy
Claim to Fame: Ridiculous Voice.
Note: showing some unsolicited appreciation for a home grown talent! You have to hear him sing, He is incredible!! follow his link and spread the love!!



Mark Ruiz
Claim to Fame:  Multimedia expert, and my blog designer
Note: Markee has designed and produced many projects that require MAD multimedia skills. from web design, movie effects to any type of media editing! Phenomenal work!! And he's an all around Music man on top of that!! Thank you Markee! Ang galing mo!


"Yeah, we all shine on like the moon, the stars, and the sun"
- John Lennon

2 comments:

  1. ate april!! :) hahaha cool post! i love it! :) there seems to be a problem with blogger, i can't follow yer blog.

    toodles!

    xoxo
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey RJ! i just noticed this now. thanks for checking out my blog :)

    tc

    april :)

    ReplyDelete