Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year’s Eve in New York City!


HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my awesome readers!! It’s been a crazy few weeks leading to new years and it’s almost unreal to me that it is certainly, without a shadow of a doubt - the first week of 2012!!! I always get a bit worried when a new year commences because regardless of whether I like it or not, I get into this weird, nostalgic mood. Everyone happens to share my sentiment when I say “I get a little emotional on New Year’s Eve”. It’s like a mystified illness of some sort, an outbreak of people engrossed in thinking and overthinking about the past year and the year to come. People often display and/or hide their emotions over consuming a plethora of alcoholic substances which they will soon regret the next morning. They dance and jump around the Times Square area with their bottle of vodka cleverly hidden via brown bag; They put on their ridiculous New Year outfits and sashay on the crowded streets, loud and drunk – oh the merry making! We’ve all been there. To all who have lost, fought, cried,  failed, loved, believed and conquered in 2011, YOU have every right to be cracked up and pathetic on New Year’s! So cheers! And let 2012 be THE YEAR!

These are just glimpses of my first new year away from home. Photos from Julia’s party and a few photos I took of Times Square with the new 2012 ball! ‘till next year!


 















Another year to celebrate God's faithfulness!! And here's to one more year, New York!!

No comments:

Post a Comment